If you are looking for a volunteer job, then we are looking for you!
The Panhandle Pioneer Settlement is seeking experienced, responsible workampers to work as little as 20 hours a week per couple (10 hours for each spouse for a combined total of 20 hours). The Settlement is a nonprofit organization. We have approximately 16 annual events and one-time events from which we derive our operating revenue. Workloads during our major events might require you to work more than 20 hours a week, but your hours will even out during periods when no major events are planned. You will have at least two full days off every week, depending on the amount of work that you choose to complete each day. This will give you time to explore the area. Workamper duties will likely include giving guided tours, operating the general store, assisting with events and building rentals, helping to maintain the grounds and buildings, and working in the main office.
As workampers, you will enjoy a full hook-up (FHU) campsite with a laundry facility, restrooms, WI-FI at most of our campsite locations, a hiking trail, a bicycle trail and beautiful scenery.
The nearby Apalachicola River, which is minutes away, affords state-record fishing for white bass, striped bass, spotted bass and flathead catfish. The nearby Chipola River, also minutes away, affords a great place for canoeing, kayaking and tubing. When you spend between two and six months in Blountstown, you can experience the easy pace of small-town life and have opportunities to explore many different areas of the Florida Panhandle.
Typical duties include:
- cashiering, stocking shelves, taking inventory and preparing lists for goods needed, assisting customers with checking out, keeping general store clean, assisting with or giving tours.
- assisting/managing with needs of an event: concession, admission, store, set up, and clean up.
- assisting in office as needed: filing, answering phone, powerpoint, helping with general office needs
- general maintenance duties, including but not limited to: trash pickup, restroom maintenance and or cleaning, various projects as needed
- general building maintenance inside and out
- general yard maintenance duties: mowing grass, water grass and plants, mulch as needed
- assisting with special events: group tour and meals, School groups, large tours, and Rentals
- many more educational activities during the year are offered so you can choose to assist/volunteer
- If you have a special skill we encourage you to use it. We want you to be happy and enjoy your time with us so let us know.
Physical Location: 17869 NW Pioneer Settlement Rd., Blountstown, FL
Mailing Address: PO Box 215, Blountstown, FL 32424
You may use our mailing address when forwarding your mail. All campsites are full hookup 50/30/110 amps, water, and sewer. Wi-Fi (wireless) available in most campsites. Washer/Dryer available on grounds. Restrooms available on grounds. Blountstown is located in the Central Time Zone.
Days off: The Settlement is closed on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays. However, workampers might be asked to work on Mondays or Wednesdays.
Cell phone services available in the area:
- Verizon, (store in town)
- Straight Talk
- Tallahassee - 46 miles away
- Panama City - 40 miles away
- Marianna - 21 miles away
Typical rules and guidelines:
- We try to conserve energy so please limit your outside lights. We suggest solar lighting at your sight for extra lighting.
- Let the office know in advance what days you are taking off. This can change from week to week due to scheduled events.